Tuesday 9 June 2015

Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock

Hello everyone! I have been MIA for a really long time now. I'll try to be more regular and blog at least 2-3 times a week from now on.  Okay so let's talk about today's review. What skin essential comes to mind as soon as we think summers. You guessed it, its a sunscreen. The need for a good sunscreen in this unforgiving weather cannot be over emphasised. So here I'm reviewing one that is an oldie but I have only recently discovered it. Its the Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock.


Description: 3-in-1 daily sun block is a revolutionary sun protection formulation which combines broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection with skin lightening ingredients to give a uniform matte finish to the skin. Its fast absorption and non-greasy formula ensures a shine-free, light and clean feel.
Rs 235/- for 50g.


My thoughts: This product as you can see comes in tube packaging with a flip top cap. It has a mild pleasant fragrance and slightly runny consistency. Its a tinted Sunblock which is an added benefit since you cannot wear foundations or bb creams in this hot weather. Now coming to how it works on the skin, I apply it just as I would apply my BB creams. I dot it all over the face then blend it thoroughly all over my face and neck. After a couple of minutes post application it sets into a matte finish and gives a smoother look to the face. It provides sheer coverage and that is exactly what I prefer during the day in summers. It can be used  directly on the face. It controls oil for around 2-3hours. After that you may want to reapply it like any other sunscreen.  I have dry skin even during summers so I put on a light moisturiser before applying this because using it directly on face gives me a stretchy feeling. You may skip this step as per your preference. It provides bothUVA/UVB protection.
 It is an SPF 40 sunblock but still feels like second skin and does not feel heavy at all. It does not give a white cast. Also it is budget friendly.

 Final words- It is a very impressive product and I have come to like it a lot. I'd recommend it to everyone who's on the lookout for a budget sunblock. All I need these days is this Sunblock, a light dusting of face powder and a lip balm to look fresh.  
Swatch

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds fantastic. Nice review.
    My Recent Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lana. I'm glad that you liked it. :)

      Delete